Friday, December 28, 2012

Monster High Birthday Bash

My oldest child, Isabelle, turned 5 recently and requested a Monster High themed birthday party. It has been so funny to see what she wants each year. At 3, she wanted and Iron Man party. Last year, was Barbie. Luckily, this Monster High thing is very popular right now and I was able to find lots of cute things.


I ordered the cake and cupcakes from the bakery at WalMart and found some cookies there too.
 

 

I found a Monster High printable party pack online, which we had personalized with her name and age. I printed, cut out, and attached all the signage, and added some of Isabelle's Monster High dolls for decorations { Thanks to my brother aka uncle Jake for taking the time to painstakingly dress each one}



We had the party at 2 o'clock on a Sunday afternoon, so we had snack foods that I tried to scare up a bit.


Mummy dogs



Besides lemonade to drink, I found this awesome coffin drink cooler online, clearanced off, after Halloween. It went well with our theme and held the sodas and our water with bottle labels.




We covered all the tables in either pink, aqua, or black, and placed a couple tins of snack mix on each one, along with color coordinated wrapped silverware.


My favorite part





The kids had a great time playing together and we were lucky to have warmer weather, which meant shipping them all outside.

Papaw Myers and all of his grandchildren playing, minus Jude


After some snacking and playing it was time for presents!




So happy her daddy got her stompys

Leighton

After presents, it was cake time! Isabelle doesn't like loud noises or singing so EVERY year on her birthday she covers her ears. I have photo and video proof of this for the past 4 years.




Time to dig in!

My 2 handsome nephews



After all the fun, Isabelle got to play with her cousins and friends before calling it a night. I think it was overall, a success!

Isabelle and her best friend Emerald


My big 5 year old was a happy camper and that was all I needed. Happy Birthday to my special baby girl :)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Tooo cute! Love it!

Anonymous said...

How did you make the napkin holders?