Monday, April 2, 2012

What We Have Been Eating 2

So apparently people are very interested in what we eat! I shouldn't be surprised..I am always curious about what other people are eating tonight, feeding their kids, or bringing to the next social gathering. The What We Have Been Eating posts are the most popular..so.. here you go...Here is what we have been eating...


First thing...PRODUCE. I currently do not have enough room in the crisper for all the produce we go through...


Prepping red and green peppers{diced and strips}, onion, carrots, celery, and romaine


Green and red apples, spinach, more romain, asparagus, and oranges


Stashing away a cucumber 

and some watermelon

and even blueberries 




All of this fresh produce inspired my breakfast one morning. This is what I call the... " I Messed up an Omelet Open Faced Sammies"...


1/4 cup of each red and green bell peppers, onion, and spinach
3 egg whites
2 slices of turkey bacon
1 sandwich thin {rye}
2. tbsp shredded cheddar cheese 
0 calorie spray butter for cooking veggies and coating pan


Start by cooking your peppers and onions in the spray butter. Once softened wilt in spinach.



Whisk your egg whites with some salt and pepper and then pour into your omelet pan. Once edges are stiffened and center is still wet, add mixture and top with the cheese.




This is the point that most people fold one side on top of the filling and then roll onto a plate making for a very lovely omelet presentation. If you {like me} are NOT one of these people, then your omelet will likely look more like this...




So working with the mess, toast your sandwich thins, I use these...




Place half of your egg surprise on each side of the sandwich thin, crumble some turkey bacon on top, and I added a couple of dashes of hot sauce...







We love Make and Bake pizzas!! This time we added a green pepper face and orange cheddar cheese hair...




Trying to make the same face as on the pizza


Here is an example of my go to lunch. Romaine, Grilled and ready chicken, low fat Caesar dressing, and the best part..croutons 






We always have fun with our pancakes...


Silver Dollar Sprinkle Pancakes



Quick pasta dinner...









Chocolate chip cookies anyone?






                             Easy Peasey Meatball sliders.


 I made these last night and they were AMAZING...and super quick and easy which honestly, means just as much to me some nights...




8 Any brand you like" Italian Style Meatballs
Marinara or Pizza Sauce
Mozzarella cheese { Shredded would be easier but this is what I had on hand}
1 Can Crescent Rolls
Parmesan cheese {optional}


First, warm your meatballs through in about 1 1/2 cups of sauce.


Then, unroll your cresent rolls, seperate into triangles, and cut each triangle in half. This should leave you with 16 triangles.


Place your mozzarella cheese on base of the triangle.




Top with half a meatball.




Add a little sauce and a sprinkle of parm cheese.




Roll up towards the top of the triangle.




Bake at 325 for about 16-20 minutes.



Yummo

My picky eater had several and asked for more today!


We have been having some hot days here in Florida lately and we have been spending loads of time at the pool. So, I enlisted the help of my bikini clad sou chef to help me make a treat we found on Pinterest...


Yogurt Dipped Blueberries and Grapes






1 carton of blueberries
1 container of yogurt {the recipe called for Greek yogurt but I didn't have that so I rolled with it}
1 cup of grapes
toothpicks { for dipping, swirling, and shoving off }


Such a cute assistant


Poke a blueberry/grape with a toothpick.






Dip it into the yogurt and swirl. Use another toothpick to push the berry off and onto a cookie sheet.




Isabelle got to them before I could take an after picture. Thats life, haha.


Super quicker dinner


Store marinated pork roast.


Cooked in foil lined pan for easy clean up


Baby corn on the cob, green beans, bowtie mac and cheese, and uncle bens 90 sec. rice { we all pick and choose sides since I have picky eaters}






I will remember to keep my camera near by so you all can know what we have been eating!

No comments: