Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fun With Glow Stick Lanterns

Besides drooling over home decor and making myself hungry looking at recipes on Pinterest, I love finding fun things to do with the kids. We have made toys trapped in iceglow sticks in the bath tub, and cook our own play dough on the reg. I find glow sticks at both the Dollar Tree and Target for super, super cheap, so I always pick a pack or two up when I see them. We decided to clean out some old jars and make our own Glow Stick Lanterns!

First, clean out some jars and remove the labels. I used 2 baby food jars and one jalapeno jar.



Gather your glow sticks. We used a pack of 18 and 1 jumbo sized one.



Starting with the large jar, we cut open all of the orange glow sticks and placed them inside, shaking out the contents.



We then divided the rest into the other smaller jars, closed the lids, then shook.





Our kitchen counter looked like a scene out of CSI when we were finished.



Isabelle had a blast doing it, it helped pass some rainy time, and I didn't have to hear one word about being afraid of the dark that night!!


Isabelle in bed with her lantern 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a fun and creative idea. Please link this post (and any other arts, crafts and play posts) to Artsy Play Wednesday on Capri + 3. The linky is currently open.

: 0 ) Theresa
http://www.multiples-mom.com