Thursday, April 12, 2012

What We Have Been Eating 3

We recently got a new gas grill..yay!! Living in Florida, I HATE having to heat up the house with my stove, so I like to grill as often as possible. Until we got this new grill, we were using one that was on its last leg and had a tendency to catch fire. Not safe for lanai cooking so a new one was in order. { I would like to take this time to pat myself on the back for putting this entire thing together :) I felt like heman and Betty Crocker all in the same day}




So, anyway, new grill = lots of grilling lately :)


Easy Key West Grilled Chicken { I found this on Pinterest}




* 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons of honey
* 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
* Juice of one lime
* 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
* 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts


In a small bowl combine soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, lime juice, and garlic.


My helper whisking away

Testing the honey

Whoa, that's good!




If you like you can use full chicken breasts or make kebabs {like I did}. Cut chicken into large pieces, and put into mixture.




Cover a refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. If you are making kebabs, use this time to soak your bamboo skewers in water { so they don't catch on fire while grilling}




Grill on medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.





My daughter, who is a picky eater, ate 2 whole skewers of this!! We had ours with some wild rice and corn on the cob. The leftovers were amazing the next day on salads!


We put the grill back to use again for lunch one day after some fun at the pool. It was a hot dog kind of day...


Toasted buns



Two nights ago we had steaks on the grill for dinner but I was to eager to eat and forgot to take a picture. As much as I would love to eat steak every day of the week, some nights I just don't feel like cooking {or cleaning up the mess that cooking makes} and that's when we have something like this...


Good ole frozen mini pizzas 

Easter was this past Sunday and we were lucky enough to spend it with some good friends. This meant a couple things for me...Good times, good food, and no cooking or cleaning for me {yay} I did however whip up a little something to take with us and Isabelle and I also made some bunny cookies and had an Easter egg hunt lunch...

She had a blast searching for her lunch







Baby Chick Cheese Ball



Let me start by saying a couple things. 1. you can use any kind of cheese ball you like to make this { I saw this on pinterest but used my own cheeseball recipe "or should I say my friend Brecklyn's mom's recipe" thanks CP} 2. This was a HUGE hit. Everyone thought it was super cute and I have to agree!! So, here is how I made it.

* 3, 8 ounce blocks of cream cheese { I sent my husband to the store for this and he brought home Philadelphia Neufchatel cheese, which I had never had but is just as good and 1/3 of the fat, so good mistake}

* 1 package of Budding brand Corned Beef (diced)

* Green onions (chopped)
* Worcestershire sauce 
* Seasoned Salt
* White shredded cheddar cheese 
* carrots and pepper corns for decoration

After you have softened your cream cheese, put it in a bowl and add all other ingredients except for the cheddar cheese. I do not measure any of this, just look and dump it's called, " mom measurements".

Combine well and then form into a ball. I line a bowl with plastic wrap, dumb in mixture, wrap it up, and then form it into a ball. Refrigerate for several hours until it has set up.

Chop shredded cheese into very small pieces. Form your mouth and feet from your carrots.

Then, right before you are ready to serve, unwrap your cheese ball and press the shredded cheese into the cheese ball until it is completely covered in "fluff". Add your carrot feet and mouth and your peppercorn eyes. Viola, baby chick cheese ball! Serve with crackers, the ones shaped like butterflies are extra cute with this!


I was lucky enough to nab some extra rolls from the festivities on Sunday and I have been using them for some awesome little sammies...



Mutligrain dinner rolls



I made my hubby some chocolate chip cookies for his birthday on Friday since they are his favorite...


Popcorn is a snack we enjoy often!!




Last night was BBQ country ribs, mac and chesse, green beans, and some of those leftover rolls :)





So that's What We Have Been Eating




What We Have Been Eating 1


What We Have Been Eating 2

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm going to try that chicken.. looks yummy.. I have skewers I need to use.. p.s. thanks for the soaking in water tip.. I woulda caught them on fire lol I didn't even know to do that.