Thursday, February 16, 2012

What We Have Been Eating

Here is a look at some of the yummy things we have whipped up to eat and drink this week...


This I call Pinterest Pot Roast because..well..I got the recipe from Pinterest...




* 2-5 lb pot roast


* 1 envelope of Ranch dressing (dried)


* 1 envelope of Italian dressing ( dried)

  ( I actually used a Garlic and Herb dried dressing pack)


* 1 envelope of brown gravy mix


* Potatoes and carrots


* 1-1/2 cups of water




Cut carrots and potatoes to your liking and place in the bottom of your crock pot.






Put the roast on top of the vegetables.




Sprinkle all 3 seasoning packs over the top.















Add your water, cover, and cook on low for 6-10 hours or until veggies are tender.






This is super easy and very, very tasty! While it was rocking away, I got to work on some yeast rolls to finish it off...










We also had some Cheesy Bacon Bites one afternoon in celebration of last weeks "circle" theme...{recipe here}










I treated myself to a couple mimosas...






Isabelle had a very "hearty" lunch on Valentines Day {our shape for the week is also a heart...






Heart hot dogs


Heart Strawberries 


Heart Apple Slices


Heart cucumbers 


Start with cucumber slice

Cut a V in the top

Trim off the skin all the way around


Notch the bottom


Ready to eat


We also whipped up some heart shaped chocolate chip cookies for daddy...







I have also been eating my weight in chocolates...






I have to have my coffee in the morning and am trying out a new kind...




I also LOVE trying different coffee creamers. This week I am giving this a whirl...






Started a day off with a healthy breakfast...






Egg whites, wheat toast, fruit and yogurt, and coffee...






Almond vanilla granola 


What have you been eating?

2 comments:

Elsa said...

Your food looks yummy. I cook with my daughter, but she's only 2 so there's only so much we can do. Sometimes she's very helpful, and other times she wants to dump the spices everywhere. :)

We had a North African meal last night, but we haven't had pot roast in a while so that's going on my menu.

Unknown said...

Super cute idea with the hotdogs!! I will have to try with my kiddo's :)