Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Superbowl Sunday...Sweet Style

So, if you have any sort of social relevance, than you know that this past weekend was Superbowl Sunday. Today I am going to share how we spent the day and this post will also double as a new weekly post I will be creating called, " Tasty Treat Tuesday", in which I will share some of the things we have been eating over the week. I am working out a schedule so that everyday of the week has the same general theme. Let me know if there is something you might like to see more of! So, back to the Superbowl. Normally, I don't care too much about football but this year {The Benningtons favorite team} the New England Patriots made it to the Super Bowl!! Yay! The only problem with this is that my husband and his family are HUGE Indianapolis Colts fans {boo}. The one thing you have to know about being a Colts fan is that you must, at all times, for no good reason, HATE the Patriots. I took this as a perfect opportunity to rub it in to the hubs...







Go Patriots 




Ready to be a Pats cheerleader 




The kidlets ready to root for the Patriots 




Yes, I did it. I dressed his children in Patriots outfits! Hehehehehehe. This was my major excitement for the day so I headed into my normal football watching room, the kitchen, to work on snacks while "watching" the game. Here are some of the things we had, and this weeks " Tasty Treat Tuesday"...


Chex Mixes... I made two different kinds of chex mix. We made the original version with some cheezits thrown in...






The I made a new kind, Chex Caramel Corn, It was soooo good...







My next football snack was a recipe I got from my mother in law, Jalapeno Shoe peg Corn Dip. I have seen lots of similar recipes for this online but they are all a little different so here is how I made mine.


Jalapeno Shoe Peg Corn Dip



3/4 cup of mayo
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup chopped jalapenos 
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can of white shoe peg corn
1 bag of Fritos corn chips for dipping


You basically just combine all the ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate. It will get hotter as it sits so don't get too crazy on adding extra jalapenos until it has set a while.


Unfortunately, the Patriots lost. Luckily, I missed it since I had already fallen asleep, belly full, on the couch, before it was over.


Monday we were back on our grind. Chores, playtime, and the first day of mommy school { which I will be sharing on Sweet Mommy School Saturday}and lots of sleeping for Mr. Jude. I was able to catch him awake for a bit while he was playing in his toy corner of the living room...


Jude's toy corner


No more pics mom...geez



1 comment:

Jen said...

My husband and his family all hate the patriots, too! Brady seems a little smug to me, so I was happy to root for the Giants, plus little bro defending big bro's house - it's a good story! :)